- 1 lb dried black beans, soaked and rinsed
- 1.5 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 tsp Adobo seasoning
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 pint mushrooms, diced (optional)
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3-4 Tbsp chili powder
- ¼-½ tsp ground cayenne pepper (Add more for more heat)
- 2 15-oz cans diced tomatoes
- 2 8-oz cans tomato sauce
- Beef stock
- Soak black beans in water overnight*. Rinse and drain. Set aside.
- Brown ground beef in Instant Pot on Sauté setting. Season beef with Adobo and black pepper.
- Add diced onion, diced green pepper, and mushrooms (optional). Cook until soft, 5-7 minutes. Add minced garlic.
- Add cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder and cayenne pepper. Stir well.
- Add diced tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Add soaked and rinsed black beans. Stir well.
- Pour in just enough beef broth to cover mixture.
- Place lid on Instant Pot. Push Bean/Chili button to “More” to program for 40 minutes.
- When timer sounds, manually release pressure. Important Reminder: Make sure you wait until the pressure is completely released before you remove the Instant Pot lid.
- Time to eat!
*Did you forget to soak the beans the night before? No worries. You can do a quick soak. To do a quick soak, first rinse the beans with water. Place the rinsed beans in a large stock pot. Cover with 1 inch of water. Put the lid on the pot. Bring to a boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Keep covered for 1 hour. Rinse and drain beans. Done!